Welcome to the valley of the sun
Famous for our year round sunshine, spectacular sunsets,
and scorching summer heat.
Here's what you need to know:
1) If you like sunshine, we got sunshine. Over 300 days per year.
2) It's a dry heat... like your oven. Stay vigilant and stay hydrated.
3) Bring sun attire and sun protection: UV sunglasses, hat, long sleeve light shirt, shorts or skirts. A swimsuit is a must as well. Arizonans dress casual and cool.
4) The desert here has a monsoon season-courtesy of Mexico's Gulf of California. A light windbreaker or rain jacket can prove to be handy -- especially in the month of August.
5) Find your sunset spot. You are not allowed to leave until you feel the painted sky.